Re: how to upgrade an installed iptables?

afshin lamei wrote:

hi all,
2 questions:
is there any patched source of iptables (with p-o-m), which i can just
compile and use?
Nope. p-o-m is a separate patchset, which in order to use you must have sources of both kernel and iptables. It then do its magic (patching the source :)), and you then need to recompile kernel modules/iptables.

how can i upgrade from iptables 1.2.8 to 1.2.9, 1.3, ... etc? there is
a patch named patch-iptables-1.2.8-1.2.9, can i apply it on an
installed 1.2.8 one?
regards
afshin

Gee, I've no idea. I always get the newest (stable) source, build a package from it, and install... :) works pretty well. Basically... yes. Patches are usually containing some bugfixes/new features, so this may be the case... :) yet I dunno if you could dl patch 1.3.2 (for example) and apply it over the 1.2.8 source, resulting the 1.3.2... I think in order to get this source updated, you have to apply them one by one, till you get where you want to... (again, this might not be the case. I never did it that way).