Re: Unable to add rule on Chain with 28 characters.

>> This chain has 30 characters... the max.. if I reduce it to 28, it's added
>> wihtout any problem.
>
>(note:  your OP said the error was with the 28 char chain)
>
>it looks like 29 characters is the max:

It's documented:

       --log-prefix prefix
              Prefix  log messages with the specified prefix; up to 29 letters
              long, and useful for distinguishing messages in the logs.

So I guess there's more places with the 30 limit (read: 1 for the '\0' char).

Jan Engelhardt