SNAT rule in the POSTROUTING chain ignored?

Dear List members,

I'm using iptables to rewrite the source address of UDP packets sent
out from a Debian machine. I use iptables 1.2.11.
For this purpose I setup one single rule in the nat table in the
POSTROUTING chain. I have a java application which sends UDP
packets to another machine. With this application the rewriting of the
source address works fine. But I have another C application that sends
UDP from the same IP address and port (than the java application did)
and in this case the source address is not rewritten. How is it possible?
I tried to debug the things in /var/log/kern.log and I found, that some
debug lines appear when the java application sends something, but
nothing appears when the C application sends.
Do you have any idea why iptables can not work for packets of the C
application altough it works for a java application?
Thank you for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Kornel Keseru

[freemail] extra 1GB-os postafiókkal, Önnek már van? http://freemail.hu