Re: mangle squid packets

Before marking squid packets you have to define route with "ip"
iproute2 command more info could be find on www.lartc.org , below is
an example of iproute + iptables for your firewall machine.

echo 112 squid.out >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
ip rule add fwmark 3 table squid.out
ip route add default via xxx.xxx.xxx.xx dev eth0 table squid.out
ip route flush cache

# repacle xxx.xxx.xx with squid server ip
#####
here is iptables part

iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t mangle -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 3

regards

Askar
hope this would helps

On 7/5/05, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >I dont know what mangle rule I need to mark squid transparent packets, I
> >have tried all the following (One at a time):
>
> Because Squid practically starts a new connection, you need special help
> from squid itself to mark outgoing packets based on incoming ones.
>
> This is done by TPROXY, a netfilter module from Balabit.com.
> Unfortunately, they do not have a version for 2.6.11 and up yet.
>

> Jan Engelhardt
> --
> | Alphagate Systems, http://alphagate.hopto.org/

Douglas Adams