patch-o-matic'd TTL, but it's not there

Dear Netfilter List,

I used patch-o-matic-ng apparently successfully to add the 'TTL' patch
(compiled & installed new kernel, modules, and iptables) and yet when
I give the command:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -j TTL --ttl-set 64

I receive the response:

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

There are no additional instructions to follow on the Patch-o-matic
HOWTO, so I wonder what could be missing?  I have verified that the
apparently patched kernel is the one I am running and patch-o-matic
does not complain.

  -Erik Weber
  Geek