Re: unable to re-configure?

On June 27, 2005 10:40, Sandro Dentella wrote:
> I guess the problem is tha you ACCEPT udp/1194 after you already
> REJECTed. You should accept it before.
>
> REJECT, (man iptables learns), is a "terminating TARGET, ending rule
> transversal"
Thanks! Good point!

I corrected for this; restarted and get the same problem.

{iptables}
[root@here]# /sbin/iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp dpt:5353
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW udp dpt:1194
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

{nmap}
[root@there]# nmap -sU -p U:1194  {ip of here}

Starting nmap 3.50 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-06-27 11:00 EDT
Interesting ports on here (ip of here):
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
1194/udp closed unknown

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.842 seconds