Re: -m physdev

bend chen wrote:

>hi,netfilter
>
>	  who can give me some examples from "iptables -m physdev"?
>
>thanks your help

You need it to check the INPUT and OUTPUT Pyshical Interface for a
BRIDGE you want to filter with Iptables.

I mean, if you have an eth0 and eth1 bridged in a br0 interface all the
packets coming and exiting to and from the bridge will result with
IN-INTERFACE and OUT-INTERFACE as br0. If you need to filter the packets
based on incoming and outcoming interfaces you need to use -m physdev

iptables -A FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in eth0 -j ACCEPT

bye
P.