Re: Firewall blocking Java applet?

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 20:36, Jong Hian Zin wrote:
> http://202.188.95.52:8080/speedometer/
>
> The bandwidth test Java applet can be loaded, but unable to start the

Does it work if not going through the OpenWRT?

>   iptables -A INPUT -m state --state INVALID -j DROP
>   iptables -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

You could consolidate these INPUT rules with the ones in FORWARD and
OUTPUT. I use a chain named "State" which I call from INPUT and
FORWARD. (I don't do OUTPUT filtering, seems pointless to me.)

>   iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

You're DNAT'ing your 22/tcp, so that would hit the FORWARD chain.

>   iptables -A INPUT -j input_rule

These "*_rule" chains do not appear to be used for anything.

> Any idea what is blocking the bandwidth test Java applet?

Not from what you posted. iptables-save(8) would be easier to follow.
But you can probably troubleshoot this on your own by putting in -j LOG
rules for -s/-d 202.188.95.52 traffic. Try it and see what you get. Is
the openwrt capable of normal logging? Or maybe to a remote syslog
server?
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header