Re: IBM Dispatcher X iptables AND linux advanced routing

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 02:17:37PM -0300, Bruno Negrão wrote:

> I know it's possible to implement bandwidth control with linux, but what
> about the second feature? Does someone know if it's possible to implement
> the second feature using linux?

Maybe take a look at the ClusterIP feature available in newer kernel
versions. Form the iptable man page:
 CLUSTERIP
 This module allows you to configure a simple cluster of nodes that
 share a certain IP and MAC address without an explicit load
 balancer in front of them. Connections are statically distributed
 between the nodes in this cluster.

Another possible solution would be IPVS [1], which implements
transport-layer load balancing.

[1] http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/ipvs.html

Best regards,

--
Andre Raabe <raabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

GnuPG: 0x5FF2A39C | ECBD D562 72C9 DD1B B741 52C0 AFE1 8DA7 5FF2 A39C
http://www.tuxknowledge.org | bash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | encryption welcome