RE: IBM Dispatcher X iptables AND linux advanced routing

Hi,

I am not sure, but that Dispatcher has almost the same ability, as a Radius
Proxy. The Radius Proxy is able to send the Request packets to different
servers ( AFAIK ), without client knowing something about it.

Though LDAP is not same as the RADIUS, but I can imagine that is able to
write a daemon ( on the balancer box ) that allows connections. And this
same daemon should be able to forward the queries to the real servers ( of
course the one that are alive ). It also should be able to know which
servers are alive and which not...

Just my 50 cent... :D

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic