Re: iptables PPTP tunneling

	Dear Mr. Welte,

	Thank you a lot for your explainations. I found that I was wrong
	thinking that client sends GRE packets first. I just looked at
	tcpdump timestamps more closely. So your advices are very useful
	for us.

> If you want to make it work, you have two options
>
> 1) to configure a DNAT rule for GRE,
> DNAT'ing all incoming GRE packets from the server to your internal PPTP
> client.

	You mean something like this :

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d tag -p gre -j DNAT --to 192.168.58.2

	('tag' is my external IP configured on eth0, under which all is
	masqueraded). I added this rule and it really helped!

> 2) to configure your NAT box to silently DROP incoming GRE packets with
> state "NEW".  This way you basically ignore the first packet(s) from
> server->client and wait for the client->server packet to set up the
> connection.

	Something like this ?

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p gre -m state --state new -j DROP

	May be I should test this rule later, as the first one works
	well now.