Re: about log!

On Friday 17 June 2005 03:28, too rain wrote:
> it will happen?!! And another oddball instance is when I stop the
> syslog,the log info begin to print on screen continuously,but when I
> start it,it stop put out log info on screen!why?????? please write

No, this is normal. The iptables LOG target is kernel logging, and
messages will still be produced whether or not the syslogd is running.
While syslogd is running it receives the kernel log messages and it
knows (through "--log-level info" and your syslog.conf) not to log to
console. But when syslogd is stopped the kernel messages have nowhere
else to go.

Just don't restart syslogd so often. And as I've said before on this
list, I think most iptables logging, except for temporary
troubleshooting steps, is useless. Consider not logging so much,
through the use of -m limit, or just delete your LOG rule.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header