Re: Routing and DNAT redux

The actual challenge is to have two external interfaces, IF_1 and IF_2, each
with their own address and both DNATed to an internal server. Packets coming
into IF_1 should have their replies routed out IF_1 while packets coming in
on IF_2 should have their replies routed out IF_2.

The ONLY place this information (which interface a particular packet stream
came in on) is available is in the NAT state table. Pre NAT, all routing has
to go on is the source server destination remote.  Post NAT routing now sees
source IF_ (1 or 2) destination remote, and the packet can now be properly
routed out the correct interface.

Which is why it's important whether NAT takes place pre or post routing on the
reply packets from a DNATed destination.