IP address ranges for USA and Europe

Hi all,

I'm running a VPN server to which IP tables limits connections to the IP addresses of the client offices. However, now the client wants roaming access to the VPN via laptops - they will be moving around Europe and the USA. There are two layers of password security, but I'm still nervous about opening the server to the entire world...

Therefore, is there a nice way to open the firewall for connections just from Europe and USA?

I've found lots of IP address ranges, but even those don't seem to be complete - AOL IPs don't fit in to the list I've compiled so far for example. So I'm thinking there's got to be something better than writing out a full list of ranges and allowing them connections...

The SSH brute force thread was very interesting with the recent/tarpit trap for our less than welcome guests and I would like to implement this on the VPN ports in the future - but for now I'm just looking for a quick fix.

Thanks in advance for any input on this...

James