RE : iptable 1.2.11 and kernel 2.6.11-1 compatibility issue

Thanks for your reply,

> > iptables -A INPUT  -i lo  -m state --state NEW  -j ACCEPT
> > iptables -A OUTPUT  -o lo  -m state --state NEW  -j ACCEPT
>
> If your firewall has a policy of DROP for any traffic that is not
> explicitly allowed then this rule would not work for any thing other than
> the first packet.  Try using this instead:

You're right, but in fact I didn't give the whole configuration. The
iptables script is generated by Fwbuilder and the following lines are
relevant:

# Default policy is to DROP everything
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT  DROP
$IPTABLES -P INPUT   DROP
$IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP

# First accept any related, established packets
$IPTABLES -A INPUT   -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT  -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

#
# Then Rule 0 for the loopback interface
#
$IPTABLES -A INPUT  -i lo  -m state --state NEW  -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT  -o lo  -m state --state NEW  -j ACCEPT

#
# Then other traffic rules for eth0, and non-interface specific rules
#

> ...Try using this instead:
> iptables -A INPUT  -i lo  -m state --state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED  -j
> ACCEPT
> iptables -A OUTPUT  -o lo  -m state --state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED  -j
> ACCEPT

I think the "# First accept any related, established packets" rules should
do the same as the proposed modification.

Am I right?

Thibault