RE: How to filter OUTPUT chain ala Zonealarm

> The nice feature of Zonealarm for Windows is it will check
> outgoing packets and ask if you want to allow a specific _program_ to
> access the web.
>
> In addition, it will warn if a program is asking for server rights.
>
> This would be a nice feature.
> Is there any way to do this in Iptables?

Well, something like that. Check the Netfilter website ->
Patch-O-Matic-NG -> Extra repository.
You need the owner patch and the sup-gid patch. It's not really the same
as in Windows (e.g. it won't give you popups) but you can do some owner
matching.

> If so could you outline how it would be done and I'll play
> with it on my firewall script.

See examples. Don't know if it'll fit your needs.

Gr,
Rob