Re: Problem using transparent proxy and iptables 1.3.1

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:42:27AM -0500, Rafael Vallejo wrote:

> I'm having a problem with iptables, we recently instaled version 1.3.1
> on a Linux Kernel 2.6.10
>
> This rule that used to work on former versions of iptables no longer
> work on 1.3.1
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
> --to-ports 3128

I was bitten by something similar a few months ago trying to block dhcp
through a transparent bridge (I needed to use a different dhcp server on
one side).  I used ebtables instead to fix my problem.

I was just doing allow/deny stuff though.  Ebtables has a redirect
option also, but it pertains to mac addresses.  Maybe you could do
something with marking, to make ebtables work in conjunction with
iptables??

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager