Http connections left in FIN_WAIT1...

I am in the process of testing connectivity through my firewall. I have a server on my inside network that is being natted at the firewall from a public address to our internal, private address space (rfc1918). Using a box from the outside (www), I am able to connect to the server (ala links2). The data transfer starts and I get the message "Received 0 B of 1.4 kB, avg 0 B/s ...", but it times out after a couple of minutes. On the server side, I see the connection being established, but stops at FIN_WAIT1. Internally, the page displays just fine on a box very similar to the external box.

Iptables, at the moment, only has rules to allow specific ports (80,443) from the outside with a state of NEW, ESTABLISHED, or RELATED. Going back the other way, pretty much everything is allowed with an ESTABLISHED, or RELATED state. I don't have any rules doing tcp resets, only accept or log/reject.

Brian