Re: iptables LOG options

Robert Vangel wrote:

Binish A R wrote:

Robert Vangel wrote:

Make it `--uid-owner ! root' instead of `! --uid-owner root'

iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -m owner ! --uid-owner root -j REJECT
is working fine, ie its blocking ssh from non-root users.
What I want is to log the username (uid) trying to do ssh.
Any comments?

Please don't CC me. Thanks.

Sorry, I misread the question :\.

From my experience with -m owner/group (extremely limited I must admit) I don't think it's possible. The messages in /var/log/messages don't seem to have any uid information, and afaik there isn't any sort of variables that iptables has in to do this sort of thing.

I apologize for the CC.
Is there any way, I can use environment variables while logging ?