Re: Natting IPs hanging

Jason,

Forwarding is turned on... I'm quite certain of that, since it was the very first thing I looked at.

root@ns2>cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
1

root@ns2>sysctl -a | grep ip_forward
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

In the previous message I posted, the first piece of info I provided was the output of iptables-save. I thought that this would be useful to see my current set of rules. This is the current output of 'iptables -vxnL':
root@ns2>iptables -vxnL
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 173854 packets, 30669333 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 ACCEPT tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:53
174 13388 ACCEPT udp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpt:53
0 0 ACCEPT tcp -- eth0 * xxx.xxx.xxx.64/26 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:22
0 0 ACCEPT icmp -- eth0 * xxx.xxx.xxx.64/26 0.0.0.0/0
1111 78124 ACCEPT tcp -- eth2 * 10.0.0.0/8 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:22
0 0 ACCEPT icmp -- eth2 * 10.0.0.0/8 0.0.0.0/0
20 3054 REJECT all -- eth0 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 1 packets, 32 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 ACCEPT tcp -- eth0 eth2 0.0.0.0/0 xxx.xxx.xxx.123 multiport dports 22,443 state NEW
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * eth0 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * eth1 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
0 0 ACCEPT all -- eth0 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
0 0 ACCEPT all -- eth1 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
1 32 REJECT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 255 packets, 38082 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
1085 213098 ACCEPT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

And 'lsmod':
root@ns2>lsmod
Module Size Used by
ipt_REJECT 6528 2
ipt_state 2560 5
ipt_multiport 3200 1
iptable_mangle 3328 0
iptable_nat 23868 1
ip_conntrack 49992 2 ipt_state,iptable_nat
iptable_filter 3328 1
ip_tables 23296 6 ipt_REJECT,ipt_state,ipt_multiport,iptable_mangle,iptable_nat,iptable_filter

And 'route/netstat -rn':
root@ns2>route | sed 's/141.157.129/xxx.xxx.xxx/g'
Kernel IP routing table
xxx.xxx.xxx.64 * 255.255.255.192 U 0 0 0 eth0
10.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth2
loopback localhost 255.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 lo
default xxx.xxx.xxx.65 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

I thought, perhaps, it was an issue with the OS, but over the weekend, I took the opportunity to install Fedora (default kernel settings) on a similar unit and got the same results. So, I'm of the assumption that it is either a) routing related, or b) iptables rules mis-configuration.

I'm not convinced that it is actually a problem with iptables since I went back to a textbook config from the RHCE (which worked fine in the lab), but doesn't work on this box or the one I built over the weekend.

Any other sources for info that I could hit up for info. I've Googled the heck out of this...