TCP handshake sequence enforcement

Good day,

Does any part of iptables/netfilter (possibly conntrack?) provide srtict TCP handshake sequence enforcement? By which I mean, ensure that:

1) The 1st packet in a TCP traffic flow has only the SYN flag set.

2) The 2nd packet is a reply with only SYN+ACK (assuming the connection is being accepted).

3) The 3rd packet is the ACK from the traffic flow originator.

I know I can enforce the 1st part using a rule that checks the TCP flags on a traffic flow in the NEW state as described in section B.2 in Oskar Andreasson's excellent "Iptables Tutorial", which lists the following example (n.b. this example uses the old ipchains style '-syn' instead of the new '--tcp-flags' argument but these are functionally equivalent):

    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp ! --syn -m state NEW -j DROP

However, how can I enforce the second and third steps?

Why do I ask? Well, there's this outfit called ICSA, see, and this is one of their requirements and the places where I want to install my router/firewall demand ICSA certification. I'm not real clear on the set of exploits the enforcement of the above would foil but I'm guessing some kind of intrusion or other.

Anyway, I'm hoping this is something inherently handled by conntrack (because I'm lazy and I don't want to have to code anything up myself)...

Thanks in advance for your advice,

- Andrew Kraslavsky