Requiste for starting service iptables

hi...

i am trying to find out the services which should be
started before the service iptables can be started.

I have read thru the /etc/rc.d/init.d script and i
think iptables depends on service network

Does it depend on any other service to start...???Is
there any method to know this ?

I need to know this cause its for my college project.

plz do reply

thnks

haynes
kerala