RHEL 3 and MIT kerberos

Hello to all.

I read in a prior post that samba 3.x.x doesn't play well with MIT kerberos
from version 1.2.something and earlier (or vice-versa.  Sorry, I looked
briefly, but didn't find the earlier post).  I tried making an RPM of a later
version of kerberos, but failed.  Does anyone know if there's a later version
of MIT kerberos available in RPM or SRPM that will work on RHEL AS 3?

Thanks.

Dimitri