Re: Natting IPs hanging

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 08:40:49AM -0700, Brian Atkins wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Sorry for the delay in response.  Catting either of those files doesn't
> return much.  The ip_tables_names only returns: "filter";
> ip_tables_targets is null.

um--sounds like you don't have support for the mangle or nat tables
compiled into your kernel...eek.

> I did use genkernel to build the new kernel. I did have multiple issues
> with the kernel config initially, but mostly related to disk drivers. I
> can forward my .config if that might be helpful.

i think a:

  grep _NF_ .config

may be of use.  my guess is that neither CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT nor
CONFIG_IP_NF_MANGLE are set.  this is probably a Bad Thing (tm).

-j

--
"Guy in Chicken Suit: Enjoy your chicken sandwich.
 Stewie: Enjoy your studio apartment."