Re: ls delayed !!!

brunO wrote:
Hello !

I am with following problem, I have ftp server functioning behind a
GATEWAY, the user effects login normally, obtains to create directory
and to remove directory, only has a problem that when the user tries to
list the content any directory, delays and it does not list the content,
appears the following acknowledgment of time-out connection, somebody
can help to decide this problem ?

Could be that your ftp server doesn't allow listing contents.

Below I placed the procedure of login of user

Name (200.144.110.177:paul): user
331 Password required for user.
Password:XXXXX
230 User user logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (200,144,110,177,170,63)

Does your iptables allow passive or active ftp?
You say users can create/delete directories, indicating that passive ftp does work, though..

--
Kind regards,
Mogens Valentin