Re: captive web system using DNAT and SNAT

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:36:45PM -0500, Taylor, Grant wrote:
> Very interesting.  This makes me think that there is a kernel routing
> caching type issue.  I expect that if this is indeed the case there could
> (or should) easily be a way to flush said cache or adjust a garbage
> collection interval.  This might need to be (summarized and) cross posted
> to a kernel developers mailing list to get their thoughts on it.

i'm pretty sure there's a known memory leak related to the kernel route
cache in the 2.6 kernel (don't recall kernel version the OP has), that
should have been fixed in 2.6.11.

-j

--
"Susan Sarandon: I'm Susan Sarandon. Most of you know me as Tim
 Robbins' mother, but actually I'm his wife!"