Re: IP sent an invalid ICMP type to a broadcast and icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses

Sebastian Siewior wrote:
Hallo,

My kernel complaints himself every second with:

kernel: XX.XX.XX.XX sent an invalid ICMP type 3, code 1 error to a
broadcast: 0.0.0.0 on lo

In the meantime I supressed the messages via

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses".

Other people solved this problem with

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

but it won't work here. Does someone have an idea how I could find out
where the packets are comming from?

Can we get an iptables-save output as well as an ifconfig -a? I'm betting that something is preventing traffic from flowing to or from your lo interface.

Grant. . . .