Re: FTP access from outside

On Friday May 6 2005 7:37 am, Vinay Amarnath wrote:
> >  I have added these modules to load during booting process by adding
> > the following lines to /etc/ec.local
>
> Sorry for the mistake. Its /etc/rc.local
>
> Thanks
> Vinay.K.A ,  RHCE
>
> System Administrator
> Intila Systems, Bangalore

Thank you all so much for your help.  Based on everyone's input, I've got ftp
working from the outside ... sorta.  Yesterday, I tried accessing the ftp
server using another company in our building's system, and it worked
beautifully.  However, a user in the Phillipines who I'm trying to give
access to says he can't connect.  I've tried his uname and password and they
work fine.  Might it be a source port issue?  I realize this isn't an
ftp-related list, but may I ask, can he specify a source port on his end to
ftp into my site, rather than me having to tinker with anything on my end?

Once again, thanks.

Dimitri