Re: PPTP connection tracking and NAT helper

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:57:18PM -0400, Lukasz Kosewski wrote:

> The problem I have is that in 2.6.11, there no longer exists a 'union
> ip_conntrack_nat_help' in include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ip_conntrack.h,
> to which the PPTP/NAT patches make changes.  While I can simply change
> the patches such that they ignore this, I am not certain whether or
> not this is intended, or whether I will be losing some functionality.

please read the netfilter-devel archive.  I get asked this question at
least ten times a week:

There is no pptp/gre conntrack and nat helper for 2.6.11+, since this
kernel version contains a redesigned infrastructure for such helpers.

At this time, I see very limited chance that this new infrastructure is
sufficient enough to actually implement the same functionality.  A
straight 1:1 port ist definitely not possible.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 http://netfilter.org/