From: Kirk [mailto:whereisgui@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: terça-feira, 3 de maio de 2005 15:07
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: rules to allow a machine to join a windows domain

Hello everyone,

I need to start moving three windows servers behind a firewall. Could
someone tell me what ports I need to open so that the servers can join
a windows domain?

I already allow access to DNS( udp 53, tcp 53)  and WINS(tcp 137)
servers but the test server still can't join the domain. The error I
get is "a domain controller could not be contacted".

I should point out that I'm able to connect to websites from the test
server and I can connect to the web server I installed for testing
incoming connections. Also, I'm able to join the domain when I take
the machine off the firewall.

Any hints will be appreciated.
Thanks,
-K