Re: Linux forwarding Win XP hosts VERY slowly

On Wednesday 31 December 1969 18:59, netfilter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Grant,

>   1)  Check to make sure that it is not a ""windowing issue, i.e. the
> MTU/MRU, MSS, etc.

Thanks for the hint. Looks like I should have some default 'clamp' rules as a
start.

iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS
--clamp-mss-to-pmtu

Correct? What about the traffic going to the appliance? This rule fails on
INPUT....

> 2)  I know that XP SP 2 changes the number of TCP/IP
> connections that a computer can have open at any given time.  I think the
> default prior to XP SP 2 was 50 or there abouts.  Now the default for XP SP

This is a product I'm building. It's not a single Firewall in a shop. Once
it's out of my hands, I have no control over what is connecting to it. None of
these people care their machine is broken. So, I need to do what i can in
Linux on the appliance.   : (

Dave