Re: rules for skype

But hey.. why do you want to stop skype?

As a consultant / network administrator some of my clients have sensitive environments where they need to control what goes in to and out of their network. As such for in house instant messaging I'm going to implement Jabber. There is no need for such as Skype for their day to day business needs. If they ever do need any thing like it we will address that need when it arises. I also have other clients who only want people to use the net for research and do not want to have to pay for the bandwidth that things such as Skype would use. I'm more after blocking the P2P file sharing capability of Skype than I am the voice apps. If people do need to communicate via VoIP I'll probably end up installing Asterisk and handing out soft phones.

Grant. . . .