Re: Delay in responding caused by netfilter ?

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 09:37:49AM -0400, Alistair Tonner wrote:
> I'm wondering if that pop3 server is trying to do an identd check on the
> connection that is getting *b0rked* with the firewall up.  Try that dump
> again and loosen the filter a tad.

i'd second that notion.  setup the OUTPUT chain to allow everything and
see if that fixes it.  if it does--figure out what traffic you need to
be allowing out to prevent the delay.

-j

--
"Peter: We love the Bible in this house.
 Francis: Really. What's your favorite book of the Bible?