Re: queue newbie

Michael D. Berger wrote:

Thank you for this help. Additionally,
From where do I download the latest iptables src?

netfilter.org

How do I enable CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE?

If you are compiling a kernel you have to configure, which parts of the big source code schould be compiled. Because of that there exists a config file. In this config file you have to enable CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE.

In Red Hat Workstation, where is <where-you-built-your-kernel>?

Normaly in /usr/src . But if you don't know where the kernelsources schould be you won't be able to patch this kernel with netfilter patches. And if your are not able to patch your kernel, you wont get the new feature you want. Thatswhy you schould do some reading, googling und expirence about how to compile a linux kernel.
If youre done with this you should be able to answer questions like "From where do I download the latest iptables src?" by yourself.

Mike.

Richard

--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: bharathi [mailto:bharathi@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 9:33 AM
To: Michael D. Berger
Cc: netfilter
Subject: Re: queue newbie

Dear Mr.Berger,
Download the latest version of iptables src and do the following to get libipq,
# make KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>
# make install KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>
# make install-devel
IMPORTANT: Your kernel must have enabled with the CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE ( Userspace queueing via NETLINK (EXPERIMENTAL) ) module to use this queueing feature with iptables.

thanks,
bharthix.

Michael D. Berger wrote:

On RH-WS-3 (4 when I get around to it), I would like
to use the capabilities of -j QUEUE.  Google seems to
indicate that I need libipq, and to get this, perhaps
I need to get an rpm for iptables-devel.

Is this the way to go?  If so, where is the best place
to get the rpm, and what version should I get?  If not,
how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike.

--