Re: blocking all traffic except selected ports

Jason Opperisano wrote:
this brings out an interesting point--as i was speaking from an iptables
1.2.11 perspective (i have not updated a single box to 1.3.x)...we're
probably going to have to start specifying iptables version on almost
every post to keep from confusing the hell outta people.

*nod* I could easily see this becoming a problem. Is this something that is worth posting / starting and administrative / thread on this list stating that there has been a Flag Day in iptables? Do we need to come up with a conversion method or at least a table that references version with the old way and new way?

Grant. . . .