Re: How to make a mutli-homed host use one IP for a NAT'ed host

Hi all,

Hum... not quite working for me yet, nearlt there but I get the error:

"MARK: can only be called from "mangle" table, not "nat""

So I used:

iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t mangle -s $DMZ_HOST_IP -p tcp
--dport 25 -j MARK --set-mark 2

Q: Is eth0 correct as this is the red/ INET IFACE and not the DMZ dev
IFACE (that would be eth1)

And then:

ip route add table $IPROUTE2_SMTP_TABLE dev $INET_IFACE src $MAIL_INET_ALIAS
ip route add table $IPROUTE2_SMTP_TABLE default via $INET_IP
ip rule add fwmark $SMTP_MARK table $IPROUTE2_SMTP_TABLE

Where $SMTP_MARK=2 and IPROUTE2_SMTP_TABLE=smtp.out

I have "echo 25 smtp.out >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables"

Packets still come from the "wrong" ip address

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Greg