Re: Possibility to lock iptables rules.

Which is the number one reason that a network's firewall should serve no other purpose then that, firewalling the network, and not allow outside nor most inside systems/users to connect to it, only those managing it.

Even immutable flgs can be undone on a server that is hacked and root gained. And what you are requesting requires their be no modules on the system, everything has to be compiled directly into the kernel, including all the modules that iptables now deppends upon and uses. You'd be much better off and safer to just not let the average user beable to connect to and enter the firewall.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne