RE: VPN Server HOWTO

Or http://openswan.org/.  I think the final answer is based on what the user is doing.  In my case I am stuck with PPTP because I don't control the clients (as they are clients of mine with hardware I really can't control).

We tried openvpn but ran into some issues with CERTS.  Under Openswan we never really for the l2tpd daemon running properly.  Sorry to say, pptp seems to be the only protocol that is easy for my clients to use.