Re: Redirecting mail

The networks seem to be connected, so can't you just configure a
smtp-forwarder in your MTA configuration ? That would be easier I think.

I'd prefer just using iptables, so i can redirect when i need to..

There is no need to use multiport because you only DNAT 1 port : smtp.
But that should not be a problem.

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dports smtp \
-j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.12.56

if I try it without the multiport option i get the following error..

[root@posjia0h01 root]# iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dports smtp -j
DNAT --to-destination 192.168.12.56
iptables v1.2.5: Unknown arg `--dports'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

And no I dont have any rules blocking this from working as shown below, but
would i need any iptables rules to make it work maybe? (like enable
ipforwarding and maybe a forward rule, im not sure)

[root@prxsaa0z02 root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)