Re: iptables crashes server?

R. DuFresne wrote:

There are two things you might do to deal with memory over consumption issues;

Add more RAM to the system

or off load some of the services to other systems rather then directly running them all on the firewall server. And this is likely the better way to deal with the problem in my mind. firewalls afterall are traditionally a single purpose system.

more ram does not solve the problem, only delay it. i don't run much services on the server. and i stopped them to look at the memory usage.

my newest idea: network card driver tg3.

cheers
moritz