Re: irc dcc incoming transfers truncated after a while

On March 31, 2005 06:13 am, Andrea Ratto wrote:
> Hello List!
> I am running a SuSE based router and NAT gateway. It uses the
> SuSEFirewall iptables based script, which saved me a lot of tweaking.
> Everything works great except irc dcc file transfers. I am not talking
> about uploads from internal network (those works because I use forwarded
> ports) but about downloads. After a minute or so the firewall blocks
> some packages killing the transfer.

	Are you absolutely certain that your firewall is doing the blocking? -- LOG
the packets please and let us see....

	When you loaded the ip_conntrack_irc module did you set the server ports you
would be connecting to?  --> modinfo ip_conntrack_irc for the details, you
need to have the IRC server ports you are connecting to in there.

> Of course i have modprobed ip_nat_irc and ip_conntrack_irc that SuSE
> didn't load by default, but the problem remains. So I was wondering if
> there is something I still need to do (some iptables command to make use
> of the modules?). I haven't found any doc so I am asking the list.
> Thank very much. Bye

	P.S. I've had problems with users on RR getting dcc transfers started, but
the  connection dies .. I'm not sure where the problem lies -- but its
something I've seen.

	Alistair