Re: Resend: MASQUERADE: Route sent us somewhere else.

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:50:28 -0400, Jason Opperisano wrote

> the gist of that error message is this:  the output interface for
> this packet according to the routing table is different from the
> interface we are doing a lookup on for the MASQ IP.  i cannot fathom
> how you could get this message with a standard inside/outside
> interfaces, single default gateway, firewall machine.
>
> without seeing some rules[1], some routing tables[2], and some addressing
> info[3], i'm pretty sure no one is going to be able to divine what
> the problem is.
>
> the reason you're seeing this after an upgrade is because this bug reared
> it's head somewhere around 2.4.23 and later kernels (someone else probably
> has a better memory than me).
>
> -j
>
> [1] iptables -t mangle -vnxL; iptables -t nat -vnxL; iptables -vnxL
> [2] ip ro sh
> [3] ip -4 -o addr sh

Thanks, again.

Please see the attached outputs of each of these commands.

--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |    5 Chestnut Court
tkevans@xxxxxxxxxxx             |    Owings Mills, MD 21117