libipq and threads

Hi all!

Using QUEUE target I pretend mangle some type of packet(the first packets
for each flow), but for modify each packet I need a lot of processing. If I
make all in a single thread in some situation(burst of packet to mangle) the
delay of packets might up.

Then I think raise one thread for mangle each packet and in this thread call
the function
"ipq_set_verdict" with the new payload. I look and find
"https://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2003-October/047422.html";

Due to libipq isn't thread-safe I must copy the payload of each packet and
pass it to the new
thread in order to avoid rewrite it when arrive a new packet while I'm
changing the previous
packet payload. See
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Platforms/Linux_Programming/Q_20766491.html

My question is:
Exist other precaution that I must take?

Thank in advance

Frank