Re: limit connections to ssh

El lun, 14-03-2005 a las 21:01 -0300, Pablo Allietti escribiÃ:
> iptables can limit connections to a a port? for exmaple
>
> i need to permit only 3 connections to a ssh in a period of 5 minutes
>
> iptables can do this?

Of course, do a:
iptables -m limit --help

The rule would be something like:

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -i <extif> -m limit --limit 5/sec
-j ACCEPT

with the ESTABLISHED and RELATED rules, before, obviusly.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC