Re: Dynamic DNS

El miÃ, 09-03-2005 a las 10:35 +0000, Nick Drage escribiÃ:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:07:22AM +0100, Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
> > El miÃ, 09-03-2005 a las 07:25 +0100, Sebastian Docktor escribiÃ:
>
> > > I want to allow a Dynamic DNS Client to Access the SSH-Server on my
> > > Firewall. But I don't want to open SSH for all IPs, Is it possible
> > > that iptables always looks up the ip address from the hostname, so
> > > that only the ip has access which is registrated under the dyndns?
> >
> > I don't understand your problem. If you know your IP you can block
> > based on that IP.
>
> The OP's problem is that the DNS will stay the same, say
> hostname.dyndns.net, but that the IP address associated with that name
> will change.  So as soon as the IP address changes, his rulebase is out
> of date.

You are right. I didn't read the post well, I was thinking *he* was
the one with the dynamic IP, now I see it's the client to his
server who has it. That's a real problem, now I realize.

Sorry and regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC