Re: some web sites need more than port 80?....

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 08:45:09 -0800, seberino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<seberino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I locked down my laptop with a firewall script to only
> allow port 80.
>
> I noticed that only the text gets downloaded from ucsd.edu.
>
> It seems that the graphics from ucsd.edu could not get
>
> through my firewall.
>
> Do webs sites now send JPEGs in parallel with the text
> on a different port or something?

Nope, something else is amiss. Maybe their server sends back the
images using unprivileged ports (> 1024). I've never seen this happen.
Tried any other sites?

I had a look at their HTML and everything is fine there...

--

Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth.kalmer@xxxxxxxxx