RE: Single IP

That's My question,
I want to use some Option or flag  in socket label so that we can identify
the socket in server site and forward as per this option.

I saw some link <http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=2&topic=getsockopt> (see SO_ACCEPTFILTER ) , but I don't identity exactly about setsocketopt and getsocketopt.

IMHO this is just for local operation on a socket, this has nothing what so ever to do with the packets!

Could you please tell as a bit more, what kind of "services" you are trying to establish. If it were http-based services, you could always use the host-field of the packet - but this has to be done at application level, it's not (really) a job of iptables. Actually, there is a layer7-filter-project for iptables, but - we just don't know what you are trying to do ...

Could you please answer the following questions?

- What is the client using to access your services? A web-browser?
- What "services" are you providing? Websites?
- You can't have more than one application listening on port 80, so how are you dealing with that issue?
- why do you stick to 1 IP and 1 port?

Thanks,
Michael