Re: HTTP Redirection WAS: (no subject)

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 12:11:22PM +0530, Pmishra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Team,
> My requirement is Use SingleIP and different port with different web based
> application .
> Requirement :-
> 1.Access all the request from client with PORT 80.
> 2.Check the socket filter or net filet and forward different port as per
> hint send by client.
> Is it possible in Linux ?

REDIRECT all incoming TCP port 80 traffic to apache+mod_rewrite and
rewrite based on the HOST: Header request.

if all the web sites run on the same server, you could also simply do
name-based virtual hosting (this also utilizes the HOST: Header,
btw--see a pattern yet?).

there are roughly 8 million examples of how to do each of the above
available on the 'net.

-j

--
"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in
 there every day and do it really half-assed. That's  the American way."