Re: REDIRECT to more than one port does not work

El jue, 03-03-2005 a las 09:40 +0100, olivier escribiÃ:
> thx for your help.
>
> without changing the rule I've tried with different IPs, odd and even,  but I've got the same behavior. I've also change the rule as you 've suggested, giving this :
>
> iptables -t nat -A  PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 8000 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080-8081
>
> I've made the same test (different IPs odd and even) but nothing has changed...
>
> do you known how REDIRECT target select the destination when more than one are given ?
>
> olivier.

I've checked the Iptables Tutorial at:
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

and your rule it's completely correct, but it's doesn't say
anything about how the ports are selected, if in a round-robin
fashion or how. So no clue about what's happening. Sorry.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC