Re: Port-forwarding + collisions

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 22:48, Rudi Starcevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still working on why I have poor performance and have found some
> data I need to check as I'm not that familiar.
>
> Below I have the output from ifconfig.
> eth0 is my Internet NIC with eth1 my internal 192.168.0.x network.
>
> On my eth0 NIC we can see there is 0 collisions
>
> On eth1 we can see collisions:6810362

i would go out on a limb and say that's your problem.  how's about
tcpdumping eth1 on the linux machine and see what's really going on on
the wire?

i would also point back to the possibility that the internal switch is
horribly misconfigured.

-j

--
"I bet Einstein turned himself all sorts of colors before he invented
 the light bulb."